Based in Aalborg, Denmark
November 17, 2021
Play the role of a young alchemist apprentice who is unwillingly bound to an illegal spirit. Suddenly drawn into a war between humanity and magic, they must join a group of unlikely heroes to escape their own doom, hopefully saving the world along the way.
Arcadia Fallen is a Nordic inspired fantasy where roleplay and personal expression are in the front seat. It features a customizable protagonist and a dialogue system that allows players to shape their character’s personality as they play. Will you be shy? Bold? Or the one forever telling jokes? Spend time with the cast of companions joining you on your journey, four of which you can romance (LGBTQ+ friendly), and if romance isn’t your thing, you can form meaningful and deep platonic relationships with everyone.
Players will also need to hone their skills as an alchemist to solve crises and assist their companions. These puzzles are easy to learn, but difficult to master, and those who put time into becoming expert alchemists can use it to change the course of the story.
The game features more than 4.5 hours of fully voiced dialogue by talents such as Laura Post (Persona 5: Royal, Fire Emblem: Three Houses) and Allegra Clark (Dragon Age: Inquisition, Genshin Impact), with voice direction by Philip Bache (Life Is Strange, Skyrim). The voice acting for the game was funded by a Kickstarter campaign in the summer of 2020, which managed to raise more than 240% of its original goal.
The world of Arcadia Fallen was originally conceived by Mette, who combined gorgeous Japanese-inspired anime aesthetics with enchanting Scandinavian storytelling. Accompanied by Daniel and Jesper, she sought to create a game that was about people rather than characters; where you are encouraged to be who you want to be, instead of who you need to be, in order to "win" the game.
- Venture on a journey with no bad endings. Your decisions will never keep you from going on but may influence what you will have to endure before you reach your goal.
- Dialogue options with tone labels. You decide whether your character is shy, bold, or the type to make a joke of any situation.
- Whether you want to become a master of alchemy, engage in a romance, or discover the mysteries of the world; how you spend your time is up to you.
- Create your alchemist in your own image or play out a fantasy.
- You decide how traumatic events sculpt and grow your alchemist's personality. When faced with a tragedy, will you be benevolent, or will you be vengeful?
- Spend time with your companions to build a deep platonic relationship or engage in a romance (LGBTQ+ friendly).
- You decide how you want to romance someone.
- Use your alchemy skills to solve crises, assist your companions, and change the world around you.
- Take on powerful demons with your alchemy skills and the help of an ancient artifact.
- “The positive representation throughout the game was something to behold, and I can only hope to see more games that do the same.”— Audra Bowling, RPG Fan
- “I honestly can’t tell you the specific thing about Arcadia Fallen that made me fall in love with it, but I can promise you that it’s a good time.”— Laura Borrayo, Gamer Escape
- “Arcadia Fallen is one of those games you fully invest your time into, and then feel sad when it's over. With the amount of outcomes and potential endings this game has I definitely see myself picking it up time and time again.”— Kara Phillips-Ashman, KeenGamer
- “The sheer amount of freedom and liberating character choices makes Arcadia Fallen a title you can replay a dozen times and get various experiences with each playthrough!”— Aaron Curbelo, Honey's Anime
- “Arcadia Fallen is a wonderful game with very well-thought-through underlying messages that are wrapped up in a branching narrative.”— Nathaniel Stevens, Digital Chumps
- “I was enthralled by the backstory, which included information on the various magical beings and races, some of the people of legend that built schools and cities, and a light dose of the political/military structure of the region.”— CJ Lehr, LadiesGamers
- “More than once I was jabbed right in the feels, and the game does a fantastic job of putting the player’s ideals to the test.”— Caelyn Ellis, Gayming Magazine
- “It manages to have great characters, a great plot, and enjoyable, immersive gameplay when many visual novels struggle to have all three.”— Sebastian Stoddard, Popzara Press
- “Arcadia Fallen defies expectations; despite being the debut project of an untested indie studio fully funded by Kickstarter, it delivers on all its promises with a polished package that’s set to satisfy both its backers and the general gaming public.”— Jen Quest, Boston Bastard Brigade
- “Arcadia Fallen has a world of mystery and fun to offer, and with it, it brings a brand new modern lease of life into the genre of visual novels.”— Jordan Kirkpatrick, Movies Games and Tech
- “Arcadia Fallen has one of the most unique art directions I've seen in quite some time.”— Dennis Gagliardotto, The Gamers Lounge
- “I cannot say that I have ever experienced a similar game to this one.”— Samuel Rivera, Never Ending Realm
About Galdra Studios
Galdra Studios is a Danish video game company that released their debut game, Arcadia Fallen, in November 2021. Their aim is to explore narrative in games and create impressive interactive experiences that combine narrative and interaction.
More information on Galdra Studios, our logo, and relevant media are available here.
Arcadia Fallen Credits
|Creative Director||Mette Jakobsen|
|Technical Director||Daniel S. Christensen|
|Audio Director||Jesper J. F. Green|
|Programming & Game Design||Daniel S. Christensen|
|Narrative Design & Writing||Mette Jakobsen|
|Lead Editor||Katie Benson|
|Additional Editing||Ashleigh Davidson|
|Character Design & Illistration||Mette Jakobsen|
|Background Art||Josefine Overbeck|
|Additional Art||Edward Giurgiu|
|Music Composition||Jesper J. F. Green|
|Lyrics||Jesper J. F. Green|
|Sound Design||Daniel S. Christensen|
|Jesper J. F. Green|
|Video Editing||Daniel S. Christensen|
|Voice of Morgan||Sean Chiplock|
|Voice of Elizabeth||Karen Strassman|
|Voice of Ronan||Kyle McCarley|
|Voice of Kim||Erica Mendez|
|Voice of Quinn||Erika Ishii|
|Voice of Rune||Chris Hackney|
|Voice of Mime||Sarah-Nicole Robles|
|Voice of Victoria||Allegra Clark|
|Voice of Alethea||Secunda Wood|
|Voice of Goldner||Brad Davidorf|
|Voice of Ann||Laura Post|
|Voice of Michael||Alejandro Saab|
|Voice of Kaidan||Joe Zieja|
|Additional Voices||Sean Chiplock|
|Voice Director||Philip Bache|
|Voice Editing||Jesper J. F. Green|
|Producer||Daniel S. Christensen|
© 2017 Galdra Studios ApS | Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.