Based in Aalborg, Denmark
July 17, 2017
Press / Business Contact:
Fredericiagade 14, st.
Galdra Studios is an award-winning indie studio based in Denmark that creates singleplayer games with genuine social interaction and where roleplay and personal expression are in the front seat.
During their last year of university, Galdra Studios was founded by three friends with a diverse set of skills and a shared passion for games and their narrative. Daniel and Mette had been researching interactive narratives in games during their studies, and joined by Jesper, they sought to bring their new ideas for how to write stories to the world. Their Master's Thesis became the prototype for Arcadia Fallen, and during the summer following their graduation, Galdra Studios was created.Early career
In Autumn 2017, Daniel and Mette got jobs at a Danish university. Accompanied by senior developers from the Danish game industry, they developed games for science and honed their skills for about a year. During this time, work on Arcadia Fallen was scarce, until Daniel and Mette decided to leave their stable income jobs to instead focus their efforts on finishing Arcadia Fallen.Debut game
Since October 2018, Daniel and Mette have been working full-time in Galdra Studios, and in November 2021 they released Arcadia Fallen. Despite being the debut game of an untested and inexperienced studio, it received awards and recognition for its narrative and voice performance. Galdra Studios also received recognition for their achievement as a studio, including a Webby Award nomination for Independent Creator.
- “Why Arcadia Fallen redefines the magic in visual vovels”— Aaron Curbelo, Honey's Anime
- “The story is a collaboration between the author and player: About the development of the visual novel Arcadia Fallen”— Jakob Hansen, Gamereactor (Danish)
- “Local adventure: Game success from Aalborg is gaining attention and praise abroad”— Nathalia Hentze Nielsen, MigogAalborg (Danish)
- “Commemorating the release of Arcadia Fallen! Interview with Galdra Studios!!”— ガルシア・ルイス, Shinyuden (Japanese)
- “Danish game developers see the advantages of industrial collaboration”— 下田賢佑, 4Gamer.net (Japanese)
- “Little by little”— Michael Booth, Monocle
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Daniel S. Christensen, Galdra Studios, Denmark
Business & Development
Mette Jakobsen, Galdra Studios, Denmark
Art & Writing
Jesper J. F. Green, Galdra Studios, Denmark
Sound & Music
Katie Benson, Galdra Studios, New Zealand
Social Media & Editing
Josefine Overbeck, Denmark
Philip Bache, New Philms, USA
© 2017 Galdra Studios ApS | Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.